What is it?
The Introductory level is for young children learning English for the first time and need to learn the grammar and vocab basics.
How long is it?
The level has 3 stages. One stage is 6 months.
What do students learn?
- understand simple sentences
- respond to personal questions
- understand simple expressions
- respond to simple expressions
- understand and follow simple classroom instructions
- listen to and repeat level-appropriate phrases
- recognise and write words using phonics
- read short words
- write simple, personally relevant sentences
- understand simple written instructions
- recognise and copy words, phrases and short sentences